If you hear the fire alarm:
· Immediately evacuate the buildings, per instructions posted on the wall of each classroom and office. Teachers or assistants will take the attendance sheet and their cell phones if phones are readily available.
· Students will leave their classrooms in a quick and orderly fashion, (without running) under the supervision of staff members
· Staff members have been assigned to “Sweep” all public areas such as bathrooms to make sure all children have exited the buildings safely
· Students who are not in their classrooms will meet up with their teachers/class in the evacuation area. If they are not near their evacuation area, every effort will be made to notify their teachers that they are safe.
· Teachers will count of their students in the evacuation area and cross check the student count with their attendance sheets. If there is a discrepancy they will immediately contact a member of the MEMT.
· Further directions will be given by the MOMI Emergency Management Team
If flames are observed or you see and/or smell heavy smoke
· Pull closest fire alarm
· Follow the instructions above