EMERGENCY CARE PLAN
In the event that a child requires emergency care (illness, injury, etc.) we will follow this procedure:
- A trained staff member will administer first aid.
- Parents will be contacted by phone.
- If parents are unavailable, references listed on the emergency information card will be contacted.
- If emergency references are unavailable the child's referenced physician will be contacted. If necessary emergency services and/or transportation will be contacted if deemed necessary by the staff. The family shall cover any medical expense incurred.
- Any or all of steps 2 - 4 may be skipped in case of extreme emergency.
- In case of an island-wide emergency (i.e. tsunami, earthquake, etc.), please refer to Section 7 of the Parent Handbook